Welcome to MySodbury, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MySodbury there's a chance to win an oak cheese board handcrafted from a wine barrel.
Join the MySodbury grapevine and be among the first to find out what's coming up!
See more events.
Avon & Somerset Police and Age UK are warming about a recent scam where people are posing as ‘Age Concern’ staff to gain access to older people’s homes in South Gloucestershire.
The advice is, if you’re suspicious or the caller won’t leave, call 999 and ask for the police. Age UK have free advice line on 0800 169 65 65 and their free guide Staying Safe can also be downloaded from the website below.
The Leisure Centre's Summer Programme runs 25th July - 31st August for boys and girls from Yr1 - Yr9.
Active Camps are packed full with sporting activities and arts and crafts and the pool offers swimming activities and/or courses. Click below to view the Summer Programme.
Sodbury Chamber of Commerce have organised another Summer Search; this year children of all ages are encouraged to find Squirrels, Badgers, Deer, Owls and Hedgehogs.
This free family activity runs from Monday 11th July until Saturday 3rd September and this year there are 30 furry animals in windows around the town to find. Click below to find out more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Family thank Yate community for donations after devastating house fire
• Upmarket restaurant plans slammed by neighbours of historic house in Chipping Sodbury
• Lloyds Bank to cut 3,000 jobs and close 200 branches - but no word on future of those in Dursley, Thornbury and Yate
• Today's weather - cloudy with spells of rain
• Children covered in leeches after playing in Yate water park
Latest items from BBC News:
• Hinkley Point gets final investment approval from France's EDF
• Merkel rules out migrant policy reversal after attacks
• Girl dies after elephant throws stone in Morocco zoo
• Syrian Nusra Front announces split from al-Qaeda
• Labour leadership: Corbyn ballot challenge rejected